The Annual St. Helen Bluegill Festival Bluegill Fishing Contest begins on May 30th and ends on June 12th. Winners will be announced during festival.
The rules are as follows:
1. Michigan Fishing Laws MUST be followed
2. Bluegill button is required for all entries
3. All Bluegills must be taken to the new bait shop in town at The Minnow Bucket @ Exit 222 to be entered in drawing
4. Entries will be received only during regular business hours at The Minnow Bucket @ Exit 222.
5. All Bluegills entered in contest must be caught in Lake St. Helen
6. Individuals can enter as many fish as they want
7. Prize drawing is Saturday, the last day of the festival at 4:00 pm, in the Richfield Township Park Pavilion
8. Winner need not be present to win
There are four divisions for winning – 0-9, 10-13, 14-17 and 18 & over
The fishing contest is made possible by The Minnow Bucket @ Exit 222 & is sponsored by the St. Helen Bluegill Festival