70th Annual Bluegill Festival – June 13 – 15, 2019
The first Bluegill Festival in St. Helen took place in 1949. Our Festival currently consists of carnival rides, car show, motorcycle show, medallion hunt, fishing contest, vendors, kids parade, grand parade, baseball games, fly in, adult beverage pavilion, live bands, bingo and much more.
The festival takes place each year in June. It begins with an opening ceremony and kid’s parade on Thursday as vendors open for the action packed weekend. The beverage pavilion also opens up for business and the carnival rides are up and running.
Friday and Saturday is full of excitement. The St. Helen Bluegill Festival has been a family tradition for nearly 70 years.
St. Helen is the place to be in June. There is something for everyone and tons of fun for you at Exit 222.
1. Participants must purchase a Bluegill Button before looking for the medallion.
2. Clues will be posted online and can also be obtained at the following locations: The Richfield Township Hall, The Township Park Building, The Hen House Restaurant, St. Helen Hardware, Scotteez Apparel & More, and BS Liquor by 10 am each day.
3. Whomever finds the medallion must report the find immediately (as soon as possible) to 989-632-1400.
4. The finder must bring the medallion to the location specified by the Committee Member who answers the phone to verify the find.
5. A check for the $300 prize money will be made out to the finder and presented at the awards ceremony on Saturday around 4:30 pm which is the last day of the festivalue in the park pavilion. The medallion must be returned to the Committee in exchange for the prize money.
Note: The Medallion will only be hidden on public land. Members of the Bluegill Festival Committee are not aware of where the medallion is hidden. The President hides the Medallion and writes the clues which are made known to everyone the day they are released.